Bespoke Nurse's Gold Watch Pendant

SO excited to FINALLY show off this custom made solid gold watch! 


Created for a lovely Nurse who wanted a stunning timepiece for her work. This was a huge project and involved sourcing a modern, lightweight watch pendant with a second hand, and then hand crafting a solid 18kt yellow gold casing to encase the watch. I designed a stylized Medical symbol for the back, and a Antique inspired design for the front and sides. Stunning! Both my client and I are thrilled! 


The process: 

 Melting wax and pouring right over the Watch pendant.
 Cutting off the excess wax.
Filling down the wax until it's a snug fit. 


 Chosen design for the back of the watch. A styled Medical symbol. Interestingly 'The caduceus is often used incorrectly as a symbol of healthcare organizations and medical practice (especially in North America), due to confusion with the traditional medical symbol, the rod of Asclepius, which has only one snake and is never depicted with wings.' according to Wikipedia. I did not know that! 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

The final wax 'shell' to be cast in solid 18kt yellow gold


The gold cast casing! I broke TWO watch pendants fitting the gold casing over the watch. The first one I cracked hammering the casing over the watch. The second one I scratched. It's hard to see, but in the above photo there is a small scratch on the watch face, so I ordered a new one. :) 

All polished and ready to set! 

The final piece in all it's glory

Ta Da! I've submitted this to CAST the book, we'll see if it gets in. Wish me luck! 

To have your own custom design created, email me RicksonJewellery@yahoo.ca or check out my custom design process on Etsy. 

Rickson

No comments:

Post a Comment