Talk About Blog

As you may know I am a member of the exclusive Handmade Division. In fact I recently took over the group, as Andes Cruz passed me the torch. We've started a new Team Shop which is growing and has been a great success so far, with two sales in the first week! http://www.handmadedivision.etsy.com/.

But what I am really here to talk about, is the Talk About blog. :)
In another life I was an archetect and I designed elaborate buildings and humble homes for a living.

Every once in a while I get an idea for a building I'd like to design. My favourite is a cylinder building, with the elevator as the 'core' and all the rooms being pie shaped. Then when I was in Birmingham I actually checked out an apartment for rent in the Rotunda. (Which was bombed by the NRA!)

Then when I was at OCAD I designed a tent that was made of trees. But the catch was that when someone anounced they were with child, the community planted a circle of trees. Then when the child was 20 they would bend the trees into a tent, so they could live there. Again I found that this was already being done. However more likely nomadic tribes simply cut down the trees that weren't needed and bent the ones remaining into a tent. From: http://chestofbooks.com/architecture/House-Construction-2/The-Evolution-Of-The-House-Part-2.html
When I was looking for that tree tent image I came across this AMAZING restaurant in New Zealand by the Pacific Environments Architects Ltd.
In another life I'd be designing this!
From: http://inhabitat.com/yellow-treehouse-restaurant-by-pacific-environments-architects/ Thanks for listening.
Check out the other Talk about Blogs:

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Sonia! I can't wait to create some more!
    Rickson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely presented information in this post, I prefer to read this kind of stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post. Gold bracelets online

    ReplyDelete